At Bellingham Wind Works, we understand that both beginning and professional players need a mouthpiece that fits their horn, their level of proficiency, and the type of sound desired. Often this is a combination of the shape of the players lips, tongue, and mouth cavity; the ability of the musician, and the demands of the music. We have studied the specifications and unique qualities of mouthpieces carefully with an intent to help the player choose the proper mouthpiece setup.
Additionally, for the new player, each teacher has a preference for their students’ mouthpieces. We work hard to stay current on both school and private teachers’ preferences. If you are a local music teacher, let us know your preference and your contact information and we will add you to the list! You are also welcome to come in with your student to try mouthpieces.
We believe you should be able to try a mouthpiece before you buy it. If your current mouthpiece is not meeting your needs, please come in and see us! We carry a wide variety of facings and cup depth to try to accommodate as many players as possible.
Here is a partial list of the brands we carry. We have linked to the manufacturer’s websites where possible (Conn-Selmer and Yamaha’s are a bit limited) so that you can research on your own, but we are happy to answer your questions based on our own experience and that of other players we have talked to. We would love to hear your opinion as well.
- Holton (made by Conn-Selmer)
- Parduba (made by Conn-Selmer)
- Rudy Muck
- Denis Wick
- Helleberg (made by Conn-Selmer)
- Many used mouthpieces also available
- Theo Wanne – made right here in Bellingham – The SHIVA is here!
- Meyer (made by JJ Babbitt)
- Rico Reserve – links to alto MPs, but other types can be checked out at under the Product menu at the top of the page.
- D’Addario Select Jazz
- Otto Link (made by JJ Babbitt)
- many used and vintage pieces also available