For woodwind players, as important as the mouthpiece, is the reed. We strive to carry the most popular brands, as well as some you may not have heard of. Making a choice here is often like throwing darts, but we have learned what comparisons may be made between brands, and what works well with a given mouthpiece/ligature combination. We really enjoy helping students find the right mouthpiece/reed setup, and are always available for questions. Remember, all boxes of reeds are always discounted 40%! (Singles are 10% off.) Ask for a sample reed to try!
We want to carry YOUR favorite brand, so contact us to let us know what it is!
♦NEW! We are now carrying the new Vandoren V21 reeds! Read more about them here!♦
Here is a partial list of the brands we carry:
- Rico (orange box)
- Rico Royal (blue box)
- La Voz
- Mitchell Lurie
- Rico Reserve Classic
- Rico Select Jazz (filed and unfiled)
- V21 – NEW! Vandoren’s latest clarinet innovation. A better reed for expanding your range.
- Juno – NEW! A better quality student reed. Read more here.
- Traditional (blue box)
- 56 Rue Lepic
- Java – Red
- Java – Green
- Sampler packs for all saxes – Sop/Alt/Ten: 1 each of V16, Java Red, Java Green, and ZZ; Bari: 1 each of Traditional, Java Red, Java Green and ZZ.
- Superial DC (alto and tenor sax only)
- FOF For Our Friends (clarinet only)
- Selmer (does not have a link to reeds)