Now accepting resumés for 2 sales positions! Please submit your resume in person or to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10th. See job description below.
Music Retail Sales and Service Position (Full to Part Time)
Bellingham Wind Works, our local family owned and operated music store, is seeking two enthusiastic, musical people to help us serve our many wonderful customers. Most of our customers come in regularly for instrument services, rentals, accessories, or just for musical advice. If you are interested in playing an integral part in our musical community and helping everyone who comes through our doors receive the best possible service, we are interested in interviewing you. We are equal opportunity employers. We look forward to hearing from you!
Hours: Up to full time in the summer and fall (25-35hrs/week), light in the winter and spring (8-24 hours)
The sales and service position is responsible for the following areas:
- Customer Service and Sales – 50% – Assisting customers in identifying their musical needs, and directing them to the product that best fits their expectations. Will include becoming an expert in our inventory, ringing up sales in the AIM point of sale program, handling customer queries and complaints with professionalism and a positive attitude, and maintaining long-term customer relationships. Some of the tasks of this position include: calling customers to renew contract information or pick up repairs or orders, answering the phone, working closely with management to determine daily tasks.
- Rental Services – 25% – Prepping rental instruments by stuffing cases and entering instruments into inventory, assisting customers in filling out rental contracts, entering rental contracts into AIM, attending school rental nights during the fall, assisting in sizing kids for rental instruments, maintain rental boards, occasional demonstrations of instruments, running auto-pays
- Data entry and clerical work – 15% – filing, entering customer information, inventory, consignments, rental contracts, and summer estimates
- Maintain a clean and organized sales floor – 10% – dust, vacuum, assemble orders for delivery, filing, receiving mail/packages, facing and restocking inventory, tune and polish instruments
Necessary skills for this position:
- Some musical talent (brass, percussion, or strings preferred)
- Sight-reading skills (necessary for helping customers find music)
- Good in-person, phone and written communication skills
- Self-motivated “What can I do next?”
- Ability to be punctual and efficient
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills (familiar with Gmail, Word, Excel, Google translate, etc.)
- Honesty when you don’t know something. We are happy to help you grow into this position.
- Respect for the people you will be helping – our customers
- Comfortable with kids
- Professional appearance – showered, hair (including facial hair) groomed (natural hair ok), work-appropriate clothing
- Physical ability to lift an instrument to countertop level, including larger instruments such as bari sax or tuba
Useful additional skills
- Bilingual (Preference given for Spanish, Guatemalan, Russian, Ukranian)
- Ability to match people with products
- Experience with online marketplaces, such as Reverb or eBay
- Quick acquisition of product knowledge
Our shop and store are: invested in our community, always growing in knowledge and experience, newly remodeled, low-pressure, well-lit, friendly to everyone, focused on service to our customers and each other, willing to learn from each other, dedicated to high standards, part of a vibrant walkable community, proud to have consistent clientele growth, dedicated to a loyal customer base. We currently have 3 woodwind techs, 1 brass tech, 1 luthier/store manager, 1 assistant manager, 1 road rep/school liaison, 1 IT person/salesperson, 1 jack-of-all-trades, 2 part-time sales people and a rental fleet of about a thousand instruments. We do work for the local university, local community colleges, at least 12 school districts, local symphonies and several community bands and orchestras.
Please feel free to submit your resumé to email@example.com at any time.
Bellingham Wind Works – 2405 Meridian St. Bellingham, WA 98225 – 360-733-5840